October 2020 - Halloween Blue Moon Magickal Tips
Updated: Apr 22
Halloween in THIS Saturday! I don't know about you, but I have never been more excited for a Halloween night. I am excited because something amazing is going to happen.
Did you know...
The FULL MOON is on Halloween night! And it's not just any full moon. It is a Blue Moon. This happens when 2 full moons occur in one month. The last time a Full Moon happened on Halloween night (and was visible in all time zones) was 1944. Another full moon on Halloween is not until 2039.
Here are some magickal tips of what you can do to take full advantage of this extraordinary Full Moon:
1) Leave your crystals, totems, charms and other magickal tools to be bathed and charged within this powerful moon's light.
2) Put out a jar of distilled water, river water, and/or sea water. Let it also be charged within the moonlight, and save it for future rituals.
3) Think of a goal or task you wish to manifest to the highest degree. This can be something you've had a hard time completing in the past. Write this manifestation upon some paper, and as you do, imagine that this goal has already been fulfilled. Allow yourself to see and feel it be completed. Bury the paper somewhere within nature, underneath the full moon, so to 'let it grow'.
4) Integrate your Samhain ritual alongside the power of the full moon. This is a night of rarity, of a unique moment that will not repeat again for years to come. Allow that energy to be part of your night, and allow that unique part of YOU to come out!
5) This is still the night of All Hallows Eve, and it is when the veil between worlds is thinnest. To honor those who are passed on, leave out an offering for them. If they are a family member or something close to you, let it be something that's personal to them (ie: their favorite food, toy, a picture, etc). You can also say a prayer to them and talk to them as if they were there alongside you. Tell them how much you love them, and pause at moments to just listen. See if your heart hears them respond. (Remember, always be sure to only speak to those you know, and only those 'within the goodness and light.")
When done, simply say "I close all portals that now must be closed. Thank you, and rest well."
6) Do a meditative walk. This can be around your home, around your block, or somewhere that's safe. Use this time to look inward, and let your spirit speak to you.
7) Do a cleansing ritual. You can do this with smudging, crystals, sprinkling sea salt, and even doing simple cleaning/reorganizing of your home.
8) This night is also known as the Witches' New Year. This is mostly acknowledged among Wiccans and other witches. Just like with the New Year on Jan 1st, use this time to set a petition for yourself in the new year. Make a goal for yourself, put your thoughts towards bettering yourself, and allow the Blue Moon's rare presence to help fuel you in this endeavor.
We hope these tips help to make your Halloween night ever more amazing. Blessed be!